Seven Deadly Sins

Greed:Medium
 
Gluttony:Medium
 
Wrath:High
 
Sloth:Medium
 
Envy:Very High
 
Lust:Low
 
Pride:Medium
 

The Seven Deadly Sins Quiz on 4degreez.com

Sunday, August 24, 2008

There were too many. And I stood alone. Well, I thought I did.

I really didn't know why I took up this whole mess by myself. Nobody pursued me; in fact, it was all of my own choice that I took a step forward into the crevasse that was in front of me. But one statement of an inspiring mentor taught me how to get into my choice:

"I didn't like my choice the first time. But I fell in love with it."

It felt like as if a wisp of wisdom took my mind away. Yeah, she was right. It is not always a chance to love, but a choice to love. The desire to make a change in every single way enveloped my mind and transformed my narrow aura into a profound one. She made a strong point on that fact.

What the hell am I doing with myself, I thought. I have always been saying in my head that failure is not an option but a rather fine consequence is waiting in the end--I could choose something again and act as if nothing bad happened. But no, her words said, it is not always the result that depends on the common fact of choice; it is the rare reality of lies. You can never escape your wrongdoings and there are these "unforeseen circumstances" that may hold you neck and decapitate your choices.

The answer never lies, I told myself afterwards. It could be a superficially covered entity but inside, it is the whole damn truth.

Love the job. Love the choices.

Failure was never an option.

No comments: