Seven Deadly Sins

Greed:Medium
 
Gluttony:Medium
 
Wrath:High
 
Sloth:Medium
 
Envy:Very High
 
Lust:Low
 
Pride:Medium
 

The Seven Deadly Sins Quiz on 4degreez.com

Monday, August 27, 2007

The Expected Messiah: No wonder Irony was Playing Its Part

The purest irony can only occur when you need it. Funny, ain't it?

Tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock. Funny, I thought, my sister's very very nervous. The result of the Nursing Board exam is coming up, and probably she's cringing about the news. Even I am really excited. But, here it goes.

The clock struck 8:00. I've been receiving texts from my x-classmates and blockmates that their sister, brother, cousin, niece, and almost everybody in their community had passed the board exam. I told my sister that the result is coming up. She looked up, wondering if she should slap me with her folder--the thick monstrosity all about mortgage--or throw me head first through the window. She did neither.

I texted my x-classmate, who was currently staring up at the list of successful examinees, to do me a little favor and look up my sister's name. Well, she replied that my sister was on the list. I told my sister, but she won't believe me. She is saying that she must see it herself. No wonder, I thought (again), it would be more compelling and believable to see it myself if I was in her place.

We turned the computer on and surfed the net. Now, even the computer isn't going as planned. I know it is supposed to be lightning-fast, as their ad was shouting, but the dial-up was better. Really better, I must say. And, because of that, we reverted to plan B.

What exactly is plan B? Well, to better explain it in few words, here it is: we went to PRC in person. My sister plotted this heinous crime. I was supposed to watch The Da Vinci Code on HBO! She ruined my dream of seeing the movie at a clear view, rather than the busted and pirated copy we owned. I want to watch The Da Vinci Code. I want to see it. Well, she pointed out, I have read the book version two times already, so, why watch if the book was better. She also reiterated that that moment was severe, and she really need our support. Well, she got a point. I sighed. Oh, well then.

My sister was shivering. It was very evident as we are en route to the place. I am, too, although I never believed that I too will gain from it. Anyways, after those hours I strained her from jumping out of the window because of nervousness, we finally arrived.

Now, something is weird. All of the other Board examination subjects are there, but the one we are supposed to be looking at wasn't there. We are like that rotating table because we are starting to look like as if other people will be frightened to stay near us. Even the guard was looking at us; I was starting to feel him reaching for the telephone receiver. Probably calling the mental asylum. From that point I urged my sister into believing that it was not yet posted. She was finally convinced, and we got out of that darn place promptly and foolishly. Hurrah.

Next, we went back to the road where my sister's boarding house was before, while studying for the exam. Ah yes, the memories. I remembered the times I walked these roads--these darn pathways--before getting to my sister's place.

Anyways, we decided (finally!) to settle to a computer cafe. See the irony? We went all the way to Manila just to go to a computer shop! If that's the case, then there are a handful of them back home in Pasig! Funny, ain't it?

So we rented two units. My sister was starting to surf the Internet, so did I. Darn it is still slow. And, in between of those desperations, I was stealing glances at the near unit to mine--he was now looking at that very list! I played it safe, and whispered to my sister that news. She stared to me, as if she was urging me to throw her outside. I decided not to. Even I am enjoying the suspense.

We asked kindly for that stranger to please look up at our name. God, even the man was slow! Sunday driving?! Anyways, we finally got to the section and there it was. My sister's name. Well, it was supposed to be glittering but what the heck. My sister was full of glee. Finally all our sordid thoughts stopped!

So we went to Manila to go to PRC and we didn't saw the list. So we went to a computer cafe and rented our own unit but ended up looking up at other's. So my sister passed that darn controversial test. So my sister is the expected Messiah, the savior of our race.

What the heck. My sister passed the exam!

No comments: